Monday 12 May 2014

Ten Tors on Dartmoor 2014

Ten Tors has completed, 2400 teenagers out on Dartmoor walking 35, 45 or 55 mile routes over tough terrain in appalling weather conditions.  Organised by the British Army, this year the teams had GPS trackers for safety and new routes to avoid crossing larger rivers where possible. Besides a few website glitches with team progress updates, it went very well I think; the Army is to be congratulated; allowing and managing risk is not easy.

So, I have to boast the my son completed his first Ten Tors in excellent time and with a grin on his face.  I am SO proud!!










It takes me back 30 years to when I did it in 1984...A 45 miles girls team from Kevics.  Anyone remember that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave a comment; it's always nice to know someone's out there.